Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Your Personal Cheerleader

"Our team is dynamite... our team is dynamite... our team is tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick BOOM dynamite! Boom, Dynamite!"

"Be Aggressive, be, be, aggressive, B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E."

"Go, go, go, go get electrified!"

Uh, yeah... Not sure if Columbia blue
was, eh, my color? Also, it seems that on
that particular day I has lost my cheer
part of the leader. Oh well. 
Oh, my cheerleading days. I would say I speak of them with fondness, but that isn't quite the truth. Sure, there were a lot of perks-- getting to the be the crazy one yelling and bouncing around all the time (if my high school had a mascot back then, I woulda been much better at that role), supporting our team and going to the games. (And yes, the cheers above are ACTUAL cheers I did back in the day... I remember several others. Maybe someday I will video blog the actions to them. Or not.)

I was only a literal cheerleader for three years of my life: 7th, 8th and 9th grade. Then as I ventured into high school my body shape/image continued to get out of hand (and out of shape) so I quit. Which didn't help the situation.

But THAT'S another blogpost.

While I only cheered in a red, white and columbia blue uniform for three years, God has shaped me to be a cheerleader for life. It is one skill that I LOVE... and has gained considerable substance when I answered the call to ministry.

So today, I would like to be your cheerleader. Pep talker. Pick-you-upper. Whatever you want to call it. Why? Because God loves you. He told me so.

If you are reading this, whether it's for the first time or the 130th time, this post is for you.

I don't know where you are right this very moment in your walk with God. But I want to encourage you to grab ahold of His hand and keep going. Know that He DOES have a plan for you-- a very awesome, very exciting plan. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) It's gonna be wild and it's gonna be great. He's holding up a "WE WILL ROCK YOU SIGN" to the Enemy. And by "WE" He means, you... and Himself... together. After all-- He IS The Rock. 

Is He calling you to step outside of your box and take a leap of faith? Don't be afraid, my friend. He LOVES you. The one who calls you is faithful and will do it. (1 Thessalonians 5:24) Our Father isn't going to ask ANYTHING of you that you can't accomplish. I promise you that He isn't going to say "Come on, honey, get in the game!" Then walk away, waiting to see if you foul out, win or get tackled. He will be right there beside you all the way, till that final buzzer sounds. 

Are you experiencing the storms of life and have a tendency to question God's goodness? Don't look at this as a nightmarish experience... Instead, lean on Him. He is there, waiting for you with open arms, toweling you off at halftime, pouring Gatorade down your throat. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4) Get in the game and play your heart out. Play the game for Jesus. 

It doesn't matter what you are experiencing right this moment-- if it is a heart full of peace or one that is struggling to find rest. Be assured that He is in complete control... Be bold in your faith. Step out. Turn your fears into faith. Be aggressive when facing the enemy. "All those prayers are coming together now so you will do this well, fearless in your struggle, keeping a firm grip on your faith and on yourself. After all, this is a fight we're in." (1 Timothy 1:16 MSG) The enemy doesn't play fair, but when God is the referee, you have nothing to worry about. 

Take heart my friend. God is in the game with you, coaching and cheering you on. Toweling you off. Keeping your refreshed. He's got is figurative pom poms and megaphone.  Keep the faith, because God is your personal cheerleader, and He never loses a game. Ever. 

So please, hear me today, when I say ""Our God is dynamite... our God is dynamite... our God is tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick BOOM dynamite! Boom, Dynamite!" 

Let HIM be your personal cheerleader. For life. 

Winning with Jesus, 
SGK 

"Stay with God. Take heart. Don't quit. I will say it again: Stay with God!" Psalm 27:14 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment