Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Drive On

I am writing this blog from Interstate 185 in Columbus, GA.

And yes. I am driving. But before you start sending me videos of distracted drivers, let me rephrase that.

Our ever-faithful Ladybug. 
I do not text and drive, let along blog and drive. (Insert safety PSA here) However, I AM sitting in the drivers seat on Interstate 185.  Why, you ask? Well,  it rained today. And side effects of a rainy day in Georgia not only include watered grass, wet pavement, and some rather grumpy attitudes of some, but rain apparently also erases safe driving skills in a majority of people.

Sigh.

But as I drive, er, I mean sit, I have started to think. (Uh-oh.) 

Isn't there something in the bible about giving thanks in all circumstances? Yeah. Pretty sure I've read that before. (Perhaps 1 Thessalonians 5:18?) 

So, in order to shift my perspective from what could be stressed, annoyed and remarkably impatient, this "live" blog post will now feature my "right now thankful" list.

  • I'm thankful I'm not the one in 10 car pile up wreck.
  • I'm thankful for the ability to sit here and pray for those in the wreck. 
  • I'm thankful I have a car to drive.
  • I'm thankful I WILL get home... eventually. 
  • I'm thankful I have a home to go home TO. 
  • I'm thankful for the rain... in general. 
  • I'm thankful for quiet time with God in the car.
  • I'm thankful for a few moments to breathe. 
  • I'm thankful God equipped me with patience so I don't have to be like some of the other reckless drivers who are currently doing illegal to "avoid" waiting.  
  • I'm thankful for law enforcement personnel to take care of the situation.
  • I'm thankful for technology that allows me to write this blog in the car while I'm sitting in traffic.

Whew. I feel better. Don't you?

Next time a wrench (or wreck) gets thrown in your trip (or day) take some time to give thanks. Yes, I said it. Give thanks in ALL circumstances. God has a plan for you. It won't be backed up. It might take awhile. But you will eventually get "home." Drive on.  

On the Road Again, 
SGK 

"...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." --1 Thessalonians 5:18

In what areas of life do you struggle to be patience or give thanks? Share here and I will pray for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment