Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blow Your Circuits

"Ok, I have 13 minutes to finish blow drying and straightening my hair, slap on some make-up, throw my shoes on and be in the car. I can do this. Everything is fine..." 

POP!

Cue the moment when the surrounding area goes dark. 

Fantastic. WHAT HAPPENED? As I fumble around in the dark, I realize, that I blew a breaker because of overloading the circuits. SIGH. 

Fortunately, this doesn't happen extremely often these days, especially since we are living in a decent house on post. (Plus I have become an expert low-maintainence speed groomer.) However, when we were growing up in late middle school early high school in a single-wide trailer house, which had 6 people in it at one point (two of which were teenage girls) blown breakers were a common occurrence.

I would love to give a you a play-by-play account of how that happened, but the moment right after the loud POP and everything going dark usually included a profanity from someone. And I try to keep it clean.  Ish.

Other than overloading outlets and having too many things plugged in at once... have you ever thought of how magnificent and intricate God's creation is? Not just acknowledge that it exists, but REALLY thought about it. 

Now THAT will blow your circuits.

Seriously, think about it. How awesome is our God to create something a tiny and interesting as Seahorse? (one of my favorite sea creatures, BTW) Where did He come up with the idea of creating different climates and seasons? Why didn't He just keep it simple and consistent? What about different landforms: archipelagos (that's a group of islands for those of you who have since blocked out 4th grade geography), mountains, oceans, the sky? 

WOW. 

And don't even get me started on the actual human body. God is so creative that He made all of us completely different including hair and eye color, foot size and fingerprints. He could have easily said "Let's just make them all bald and purple with size 7 feet. Yep. That'll do it." 

But He didn't. We are made with love in His image. He loves us so much that he created us with such a deep complexity that I personally can't even wrap my head around. I mean seriously... He created goosebumps to keep us warm and sweat glands to keep us cool. I never would have thought of THAT. 

How about just the general homeostasis activities going on in our everyday lives?  (Homeostasis is the bodily systems that sustain us and keep us living everyday... Bet you didn't know you were going to get a geography AND science lesson today huh?) Just sitting in this chair, typing this blog, I am created for my brain to think of the words, my fingers to move at lightening speed to type them, my eyes to see what I am writing (and hopefully catch spelling errors in advance), my ears to hear the click, click, clinking of the key board. 

Not to mention that my heart is beating, my stomach is digesting my lunch, my lungs are breathing, eyes blinking, muscles recovering from my workout... Need I continue? 

I say all of this because God's love for us specifically seen through His creation of us and this world blows our brain circuits. I simply cannot comprehend it. IT'S AWESOME!!

When is the last time you stopped and thought about God's creative hand in our lives and world? He created us in love. Down to the last hair on our arm, fingerprint on our pinkie and beauty mark on our leg. 

Just thinking about it blows my circuits. And lemme tell you, while I am overwhelmed at the whole idea, I am thankful that I can revel in His creation. I challenge you to do the same... today. 

Here's to all things great and small, 
SGK 

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." --Genesis 1:27


No comments:

Post a Comment