Friday, December 2, 2011

We have... A Remedy


I do NOT enjoy being sick. 

Ok. That might have been a slightly pointless statement. I don't really know anyone who is like "Yay, I don't feel good today." Duh, right? (Don't judge me... It's Friday ;-) 

The best part about getting sick? (No, it is not having strict ownership of the remote or excessive sleeping.) The best part is getting better. Kinda makes you appreciate feeling top-notch, huh? 

This week we have discussed 4 symptoms of being human. Today, we reveal that cure, aka THE REMEDY. And yep, you guessed it... That remedy is Jesus. 

Don't believe me? Let's take a look: 

"You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!" --Psalm 68:35

Symptom #2: We have... Ego Issues
"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." --Proverbs 11:2

"I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever." --Psalm 45:17


"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." --Psalm 119:11


I would say if we have all of these symptoms and no cure, we are gonna be pretty messed up. (Which I am for sure) BUT I have Jesus! Hopefully you do to! 

Check out Rachael Lampa's song called "Remedy." Kind of sums up our awesome, majestic, ever-loving cure! 

(By Rachael Lampa)
I know where to go
To heal my heart to soothe my soul
When everything-things spinning out of control, I know
I know just living life can get so crazy day and night
But I've got somebody by my side, by my side
Every time I cry and I wanna hide
Feeling like I'm damaged on the inside
You know just what to do

CHORUS:
You've got what I need
You're the remedy
That's why I'm keeping you close, you close
You know what's best for me
My only therapy
Jesus your love is my hope, my hope
You're my remedy, you're my remedy

On point, off track
One step forward, two steps back
Some days are gonna be just like that
Just like that
You're my medicine
Relieve my pain again and again
Always take me back no matter where I've been, where I've been
Every time I'm hurt and it doesn't work
Feeling like it never could get any worse
I go running to you

REPEAT CHORUS

And every time I come knocking at your door
You make me feel like I'm the only one that you adore
The only one you do this for
The only one that you call yours, I'm yours

Today is simply a day of rejoicing that we have a cure for our "illness" caused by sin. God is the ultimate healer. He fills the gap of our power shortage. He tames our ego issues. He restores our memory loss. He clears up our heart condition. 

We have... A Remedy... In Jesus!

Healed by His Grace, 
SGK 

"O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." --Psalm 30:2

No comments:

Post a Comment