Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Army of God: "AMERICA!"

Today's army word of the day should come as no surprise to those of you who know me...

AMERICA!!!

Yes, I am an army wife... But I started saying this before I became a wife... I think Brandon got me started on it early during our dating relationship. And here we are, almost three years (seriously?!?) later. I also started saying it before that movie "The Other Guys" with Will Ferrell came out (he says it after he guns the gas petal... it was grand.) 

But wait... Before I get to far into this post, I would like to make an announcement...

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! (AMERICA!) <sorry, I'm getting carried away in my excitement>

The winner of our Happy Dance Celebration "Glad-Sharita-finished-her-masters-and-survived-to-post-her-100th-blog-today" Giveaway contest is...

Mr. Ryan Wilkerson!! 

Congratulations Ryan... I will be in touch with you ASAP to arrange delivery of your super-awesome prize package of 3 books (Share Jesus without Fear, Winning with People and Wild at Heart) and two "buttons" for office/desk/home entertainment (Easy Button and Panic button.) Thanks to all who entered. God blessed me with a fantastic turn out, which just makes my heart swell with joy and holler AMERICA!!

Let me chillax for just a second so I can explain the whole thing with "America."  (Breathe... in through the nose, out through the mouth.) Ahhhh... Ok, now I am focused. Ish. 

The word "America" in this context doesn't necessarily mean anything patriotic (although it certainly can.) Rather, it can be an expression of excitement, which you probably already picked up on earlier in this post. It can also be used somewhat in the form of a sarcastic question (but yet obedience), like when I get some slightly jumbled info from the Army. 

"So we have to do what when? Ok... <sigh> America." 

Oh, and there is a diction piece of this I should address-- I don't annunciate the word fully. I don't mean any disrespect, but usually I say the word with such fervor it comes out 'Mericah! I know I am not the only person that uses this phrase, but it is certainly one of my favorites. 

So what does this phrase have to do with God? Well, it's a sign or expression of joy. It is exciting. Even in times of question, I use the word "America" as a form of agreement (obedience.) When God does something awesome in my life (aka, masters, 100th blog, awesome husband, upcoming holiday block leave) I have a flurry of thoughts going through my head, usually in the form of "Praise the Lord!" "That's awesome!" "Mericah!" 

This last week of doing the giveaway and really focusing more on my blog has blown me out of the water. (Or, in this case... off the map.) It is amazing to watch God accomplish His will and to rejoice-- we are a part of that will!! Here's an example of "America" coupled with joy and obedience. 

Yesterday I had a huge to do list to try and hammer out. After my morning work out and breakfast, I had my quiet time with the Lord... Then proceeded to "officially" start my 1000 Gift List (inspired by Ann Voskamp) 

While that sounds like it took a while (I wrote down 100 simple gifts that God had given me) I ROCKED through the rest of my day's list. I gave my first fruits (time) to God, and He gave it right back in ways I couldn't imagine. WHOO! AMERICA! 

What moments has God planted in your life lately that have excited your heart so much that you can't help but get a rush from it? We are celebrating together... God's gifts... blessings... and love... with an awesome expression... Praise the Lord... 

AMERICA! 

With a Full and Joyful Heart, 
SGK 

"The quiver rattles against his side, along with the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds. At the blast of the trumpet he snorts, ‘Aha!’ He catches the scent of battle from afar, the shout of commanders and the battle cry." Job 39:23-25


To leave a comment click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment