Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ThanksVember

It is the 8th day of November. You might have noticed the massive amount of folks on Facebook and Twitter taking time each day to remember what they are thankful for... Today, I roll my entire month of "ThankVember" into one post. 

Honestly, I try to keep an attitude of gratitude a majority of the time. But we all need a reality check. As motivated and focused as we are, sometimes the crazy drivers, endless TO DO lists, kids/spouse/pets driving you bonkers, sore throats, etc really distract from all of the incredible things we have in our lives for which to be thankful. (I did a modified version of this about amazing gifts in our live a while back... Click Lifted By Being Gifted to check it out.) 

Here's my "month" list. It is a reverse countdown with the things I am most thankful for towards the "lower" numbers. Sort of... (a few are a little out of order, but you get the point) Keep in mind, these are all gifts given to me from God... He is so awesome!

30. I am thankful for the "sweet" things in life... Open to interpretation (think: chocolate, great foods, amazing friends etc... more specific to follow.) 

29. I am thankful technology-- of all kinds (medical equipment, phones, computer etc.) 

28. I am thankful my health.

27. I am thankful for a marriage based on Christ (more on this... see #2) 

26. I am thankful for the ability and heart to give. 

25. I am thankful for smiles. 

24. I am thankful for hugs. 

23. I am thankful for an optimistic heart. 

22. I am thankful for the ability to read and write. 

21. I am thankful a full stomach, a warm/cool (depending on the season) house, dry clothes, shoes and a vehicle. 

20. I am thankful for God giving me a courageous heart to face more and work harder for things that seem impossible. 

19. I am thankful for a love of traveling and discovery. 

18. I am thankful to get an education... from my high school diploma, to bachelors and (almost) my masters. 

17. I am thankful for the members of our armed forces... especially my husband (See #2 below) God bless America! (Tune in Friday for a post honoring Veteran's day!) 

16. I am thankful to live int he United States of America... our freedoms are such a blessing!

15. I am thankful for God's continual provision... He always provides and comes through... even when we don't expect it!! 

14. I am thankful  for growing up in an agricultural community-- it gives me such a deep appreciation for those produce our food.

13. I am thankful for God calling me to blog daily... it has been a challenge, but the rewards and support from my loyal readers (like you!) have made this ministry remarkable. 

12. I am thankful to work at such an awesome church with incredible Christian leaders. I learn something every day. (As I write this, we are at a three-day long overnight staff retreat... that's dedication.)  

11. I am thankful for my faith-- without it, I would be so lost. But I am found and do have hope! Praise the Lord!

10. I am thankful for laughter. In general. 

9. I am thankful that God has given me the ability to work out, strive to be in shape, enjoy it (most of the time) and find success!

8. I am thankful for my motivation. (Open to interpretation)

7. I am thankful for my personality that God has given that lends to coaching, pep-talking and ministering to others. 

6. I am thankful for my call to ministry. It was completely unexpected, but has already been so rewarding, challenging and rejuvenating all at once. 

5. I am thankful for our baby dog Sweet Justus-- his demeanor and personality can bring a smile to my face anytime. Plus, who doesn't love puppy cuddles? 

4. I am thankful for my siblings and friends who always support me... no matter what hairbrained idea I have thought up. (Or they speak the truth in love and tell me to go ahead and rethink my crazy plans) 

3. I am thankful for my parents who raised me to be a strong and independent woman. 

2. I am thankful for God giving me a husband who is so patient with my moments of emotional roller-coasterness and that he is so dedicated to his job as a soldier, drill sergeant, infantryman and to myself and our marriage that is based on Christ. 

1. I am thankful for a God who loves me SO MUCH He gave His son for me... No matter what I do, how bad I screw up, He is always there ready to pick me up and love on me. He never leaves me and His love NEVER runs out. He's never disappointed in me.  So thankful for my salvation!

I challenge you just take a few moments today (or each day) this month to think about and thank God for the blessings in your life. I can guarantee that if you keep it up, you will experience an amazing transformation within your heart. And you never know... you might even carry over this tradition of Thanksgiving into other months of the year. Embrace an attitude of gratitude this "ThanksVember." 

With a Thankful Heart, 
SGK  

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." --Colossians 2:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment