Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dream Team

Confession: I didn't intend for this week's blogposts to turn into a stream of thankfulness focused stuff. But hey, it's where the Spirit has lead... and I am not gonna question it. 

You saw yesterday my extensive list of "Thanksvember." Apparently, that experience has reignited an attitude of gratitude within my heart. 


At the time of this posting, we are nearing the end of our Christ Community Church Staff Retreat. God showed up and met us here. And he's made it awesome. For that, I am thankful. 

Honestly, I don't really have a "right" to be here, since I'm not exactly on the payroll and my joining the staff involved me begging Kelli to put me to work and let me serve (ok, maybe it was a little more complicated than that, but I digress.)

Anywho, the wonderful staff members here at CCC officially adopted me into their staff family and invited for me to attend this three-day retreat. While I have enjoyed interacting with the remarkable leaders of this church, it is equally impressive and empowering to watch us all work together.


This group never loses focus on God. Every decision, idea, "spirit storming session" (it's like brainstorming, only more with the heart/spirit) is focused on the glory of God. We pray a lot, especially as ideas develop. It is so rewarding to sit back and watch our church vision develop into something even deeper and god-glorifying with each passing moment. 

So today, I am specifically thankful that I am a part of this team... but even more so, I'm thankful that God had allowed me to be on HIS team. He picked me. He has picked you too. And he doesn't pick us last (no awkward moments there!) He knows we are GOOD and lovely, and gives us the tools and coaching we need to succeed both as individuals as well as members of a team within Christ. 

Even when we mess up, God doesn't permanently "bench" us... He might call us to "sit one out" but typically that involves an opportunity to hush-up and listen. Take just a small, short second to sit back and think about being on God's team. What does it represent to you? It it leadership focused? What "position" are you playing? Are you practicing daily to serve on His team by spending time with the ultimate coach? 

God's blessings are raining down on me right now... I simply want to fall on my knees and thank Him for the sweet (and yet challenging) season that He has bestowed upon me. Today, it is specifically in the form of being a member of such a strong and remarkable team here at Christ Community Church. But even more so... I thank Him for giving me a chance (through Christ) to be apart of His incredible, ever-loving, constantly-growing DREAM TEAM. 

The kick is up and it is GOOD, 
SGK 

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken." 
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment