Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Family to be Valued

Today, Baby Dog Sweet Justus and I leave Georgia and begin our long driving trek home to Kansas. Our red-phase visit really brings sweet excitement to mind about reuniting with my family. 

It's been over six months since I have gotten to see my parents, brother and friends from back home. Ideally Brandon would with us, but the demands of the army have dibs on him first. Thus, Justus and I are going to Kansas to enjoy the presence of friends and family for a couple of weeks, just the two of us. Can you say excited?!?

I could extensively elaborate on how awesome my family/friends are... like how my parents have set such an incredible example in their 32.5 year marriage, or my little bro's hilarious comments and love of agriculture, or little sister's work ethic and nurturing heart. Instead, I am going to present a challenge to you.

Take some time to seriously think and consider the gift that God has given you in family... and remember, family doesn't have to be blood, it can be anyone who has made a difference in your life.

The various forms of thanks, thanksgiving, thankfulness etc occur about 144 times in the New International version of the Bible. So obviously, it's kind of a big deal. Today, I am incredibly thankful for my biological family, as well as my friends and "married-into" family.

I am also remarkably thankful for being in the family of God. I am His daughter! He has given me brothers and sisters in Christ to walk with. He is never disappointed in me, never failing.

That, dear reader, is what I call a family to be valued.

A heart of thankfulness,
SGK

"How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?" 1 Thessalonians 3:9


Aren't we a precious group? Such an awesome
family to be valued! 

No comments:

Post a Comment