Friday, October 21, 2011

Born to be Wild

Sometimes, you just need to slow down... and laugh. 

This week has been surprisingly bonkers for me. What I though was going to be relatively chill since I am on "school break" for a week became working overdrive at home and work. But hey it's Friday... So why not take a few moments to CHILLAX and laugh? 

I am a big fan of animals. In fact, I was planning on being a veterinarian until midway through my junior year of college when I discovered that I work even better with people than I do with animals. (That would have been handy info two chemistry classes and one and half physics classes prior. SIGH) But in my attempt to relax and enjoy what I hope to be a calm(er) Friday, I wanted to briefly share with you some "animal fun." 

First of all, God created animals. YAY! The creation of animals ranks right below people and about parallel with chocolate and Diet Dr. Pepper for me. ;-) Genesis 1:25 says: 

"God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."

It WAS good. And still is. I enjoy watching, petting, training, and cuddling with animals (especially our puppy Justus, but that has been established in previous posts.) Today, I want to take a walk on the wild side... with animals. 

Check out this Youtube video... it always cracks me up and brings joy to my heart. Here's to some relaxed Friday cheer! 


Pretty grand huh? I always crack up hardcore at the chipmunk part! And I am not sure who Alan and Steve are, but apparently they are pretty popular. 

Laughter is such a great way to relieve tension, stress, frustration. Get some laughs out today. God made the animals. God made laughter.  And it was good. So thank Him for that blessing. Take a walk on the wild side!

Born to be "wild" (at least today,)
SGK 

"I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine." Psalm 50:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment