Saturday, September 3, 2011

More Than Cardboard

God is a resourceful dude. He made the earth out of nothing. He made man out of dirt. And he gave us cardboard. 

Whoa, Sharita-- random transition. Yes, I know. But after a school assignment last week (details below) I realized cardboard can be used for many different things. Little kids (myself included) use cardboard boxes as play houses, forts, sleds for the stairs (wear a helmet) and sometimes enjoy it more than what actually came in it. You can ship things in it, give gifts, level a wobbly table, house a litter of kittens in it, store memories, make a sign, he list is endless. 

But what I learned this week was a new kind of use for cardboard... To share your testimony. I was introduced to the concept of "Cardboard testimonies." I tell you what, it really spoke to my heart! When I watched the video, I realized it was so much more than cardboard. 

Instead of typing a book on here to describe it, I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the following link (or typing in "Cardboard Testimony" into YouTube.) It's not ushygushymushy sad... but it is very moving and incredibly empowering. (I admit it-- I cried the first time I watched this for class) It changed my heart from LUKEWARM to ON FIRE!! 



My cardboard testimony could be a number of things... You read my "full" testimonies the last couple of days... But what would your cardboard testimony look like? If you would like to share, I would love to hear below in the comments section.  

As a final note... I just praise God for His incredible power to change lives so dramatically, radically, wholly and lovingly!! CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!

From Lukewarm to On Fire, 
SGK 

"Every God-begotten person conquers the world's ways. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith. The person who wins out over the world's ways is simply the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus—the Divine Christ! He experienced a life-giving birth and a death-killing death. Not only birth from the womb, but baptismal birth of his ministry and sacrificial death. And all the while the Spirit is confirming the truth, the reality of God's presence at Jesus' baptism and crucifixion, bringing those occasions alive for us. A triple testimony: the Spirit, the Baptism, the Crucifixion. And the three in perfect agreement." 1 John 5:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment